Last Thursday I went in for my second endometrial biopsy to finish off the mock cycle for the Yale EFT. What a disaster the whole thing was.
Somehow the biopsy was more painful than the previous week. Not only that, my RE had trouble getting a sample, so had to go in twice for it. After all that, he admitted he wasn’t sure he got enough tissue for them to complete the test. We ended up opting to pay an extra $50 for Yale to confirm the amount of tissue was adequate before going forward with the $600 test.
I asked my RE why there wasn’t enough tissue and he guessed that maybe the lining didn’t develop properly. Well, that sucks. I have to use this same exact protocol for my actual transfer cycle so I really can’t afford to have a lining that doesn’t develop properly. I did also consult with my RE at SIRM on this, and he thinks it is more likely that the biopsy 9 days prior took most of the tissue so there just wasn’t a whole lot left. That did make me feel a little bit better.
I am supposed to have the results by the end of the month. That is assuming they have enough to test. If not, we have to make the decision whether to do the whole thing over again. Which would mean there is probably no way we’re transferring again by the end of the year. I chose to be optimistic that there WAS enough tissue to test, and made an appointment with my SIRM RE for early September to discuss immune treatment for my FET.